Fill Out Cover Sheet
- Even if your case with CPS is closed leave the kids name out. Refer to them as “child” if needed.
- Mark number 440 “Other civil rights complaint”
- On this form you do not have to make a separate one for each defendant you can use the same one for all. Mark Federal Question.
- Write Section 1983 civil rights violation somewhere in either of the boxes that is the core you want to always document on all forms.
- Put cover sheet, summons, complaint, and fee waiver in one envelope, mail it via ups so you can get a signature that the federal court clerk received it, with your $400 money order.
- Wait for the clerk to mail the summons back to you before you serve them